Principles for the Body To Make Early Morning Meditation Successful
• Rest well each night. Avoid going off to sleep later than 10 p.m. especially when there is no time for an afternoon rest.
• Make sure the evening meal is taken early or only have a light meal before bed, and a heavy breakfast. Light eating with plenty of fresh fruits and salads makes the mind light.
• If I am very, very tired at night, it is better to do some light housework until the stage of tiredness passes, rather than surrendering to sleep at this moment. If I go to bed with a heavy head I rise with a heavy head.
• Do not talk unnecessarily before going to sleep.
• Be warm, yet avoid over-heated rooms.
(To be continued tomorrow …)